Skip to main content
You are here
Motor Vehicle Accidents
After the Accident
- Within 24 hours, the accident must be reported to the Department of Environmental Safety, Sustainability and Risk Insurance Coordinator, (301) 405-3961. You may fax the report at (301) 405-9294 or deliver the form in person. This pamphlet/form "What to Do in Case of an Auto Accident" may be found in the glove box in all State vehicles. Your supervisor must review and sign the form before it is delivered to ESSR.
- Bring the damaged vehicle to ESSR to have pictures taken; or, if you have access to a camera, take pictures of all angles including the license plate. Submit pictures to ESSR Insurance Coordinator.
- Obtain three (3) estimates and forward to Insurance Coordinator. These should be done within one week after the accident.
- If you are not at fault and the other driver's insurance carrier is trying to talk to you, direct the agent to the ESSR Insurance Coordinator. Under no circumstances sign or agree to fault regarding the accident.
- All questions should be directed to:
Department of Environmental Safety, Sustainability and Risk
Seneca Building #812
4716 Pontiac Street, Suite 0103
College Park, MD 20742-3133
|Phone: (301) 405-3961
||FAX: (301) 314-9294