You are here
Registration Information and Forms
The University of Maryland’s Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) is now using BioRAFT, a new management system for protocols submitted to the IBC. The old management system will not be available by the end of the week of August 15th . After that time all new registrations and renewals will have to be submitted via BioRAFT.
Previously approved protocols will eventually be accessible as attached PDF's in a PI's lab dashboard in BioRAFT. Please contact email@example.com if you need a PDF copy of your protocol or amendment and one is not available in your "documents" tab in BioRAFT.
If you have any issues with BioRAFT and need help please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the "BioRAFT Questions" in the Subject line.
Registration is required for research involving:
- Recombinant or synthetic nucleic acids
- Infectious agents
- Non-human primate unfixed tissues and primary cell culture
- Human unfixed tissues, blood, and cell culture
Online registrations are vaild for a period of four years.
Regulations and Guidelines
- NIH Guidelines for Research Involving Recombinant DNA Molecules (NIH Guidelines)
- University of Maryland's Summary of the NIH Guidelines and PI's Responsibilities
- Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories
- National Select Agent Registry
- National Science Advisory Board for Biosecurity (NSABB)
- Biosafety Considerations for Research with Lentiviral Vectors
- NIH Office of Biotechnology Activities
- Major Actions under Section III-A Requiring NIH Director Approval - Deliberate Transfer of Drug Resistance to a Microorganism
- FAQs on Reporting Incidents
- Animal Activities Covered under the NIH Guidelines
- FAQs on Creation and Use of Transgenic Animals
- FAQs on Experiments Exempt from NIH Guidelines
- FAQs Concerning IBCs
- Topics of Interest to IBCs
- FAQs on Site Visits by the Office of Biotechnology Activities
- University of Maryland's Online Training
- UMD Biosafety Manual