Skip to main content
You are here
Caution: Autoclaves may cause serious burns
To Prevent Injury:
- Loosen screw caps on bottles and tubes of liquids before autoclaving.
- Check that chamber pressure has returned to zero before opening door.
- Wear eye and face protection.
- Stand behind door when opening it.
- Slowly open door only a crack. Beware rush of steam.
- Keep face away from door as it opens. Escaping steam may burn face.
- Wait 5 minutes after opening door before removing liquids.
- Liquids removed too soon may boil up and out of container, burning operator.