You are here
For the latest UMD Coronavirus information visit https://umd.edu/virusinfo
Working Safely During COVID-19
Safety for University of Maryland Employees During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Also available in Spanish.
Staying Safe During COVID-19 Training
- Protecting Yourself at Work and Home
- Protecting Yourself When Cleaning and Disinfecting Spaces
Preparing workplaces for COVID-19
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has information for preparing workplaces for COVID-19. Included in that information are the four OSHA worker exposure risk categories and information for supervisors for how to evaluate and help reduce that risk. The information can be found at https://www.osha.gov/
- Work from Home Ergonomics provides an overview of ergonomics while you may be teleworking.
Cleaning and Disinfection
- The CDC has instructions for Cleaning and Disinfection After Persons Suspected/Confirmed to Have COVID-19 Have Been in the Facility
- Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection from CDC for Coronavirus Disease
- EPA List N: Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2
ALERT: Fumigation and wide-area spraying are not appropriate tools for cleaning contaminated surfaces - US EPA
The EPA does not recommend the use of fumigation (fogging) or wide-area spraying to control COVID-19. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that you clean contaminated surfaces with liquid products, such as those provided on List N, to prevent the spread of disease.
- EPA - Can I use fumigation or wide-area spraying to help control COVID-19?
- CDC - Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility
Respirators, Face Masks, N95 Facepiece
The University of Maryland is committed to providing a work environment that is free of recognized hazards.
This fact sheet details voluntary respirator use and guidance on the release of stockpiled N95 filtering
facepiece respirators that have exceeded their manufacturer-designated shelf life for COVID-19 response.
The fact sheet is available in Spanish.
- CDC Recommendation for Use of Cloth Face Coverings
- What is the difference between a face covering, a surgical mask, and a respirator?
- COVID-19 Severe Research Restriction Safety Guidance
- Daily Risk Assessment for Field Research During Severe Research Restrictions
- Safety Information for Researchers Working On-Campus Through Severe Research Restrictions-4/16
- Interim Laboratory Biosafety Guidance for Research with SARS-CoV-2 and IBC Requirements under the NIH Guidelines
- Interim Laboratory Biosafety Guidelines for Handling and Processing Specimens Associated with Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- National University of Singapore Safe Distancing for Laboratories
- State of Maryland Coronavirus information https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/
- CDC COVID-19 https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- EPA COVID-19 https://www.epa.gov/coronavirus
- OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19